If you’re considering stucco for your home or business, you may be wondering if it can be applied over painted walls. The answer is yes! Stucco can provide a durable, long-lasting finish over painted surfaces. The surface should be clean and free of any loose paint or debris. The wall should also be dry and in good condition. If the wall is not in good condition, it is best to repair any damage before applying stucco.
1. Prepare the wall by removing any loose paint and sanding down any rough edges
2. Apply a layer of primer to the wall to help the stucco adhere better
3. Mix the stucco according to the instructions on the package
4. Apply the stucco to the wall in small sections, using a trowel to smooth it out as you go
5. Allow the stucco to dry for at least 24 hours before painting or adding any other decorations
If you have additional questions about a complete restucco for your home, please give Nurse Stucco a call at (619) 561-7429 or contact us through our web Contact Form. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction and are consistently rated A+ by the San Diego BBB, as well as receiving consistently high ratings from our Home Advisor and Yelp customers. Our reputation, and our family name goes on EVERY JOB WE DO.